Purpose

Do you want to find new and exciting worship music? Find upbeat, energetic, thought provoking, heartfelt music here! This blog is designed as a resource to discover high quality worship music at a glance. Each week, I'll recommend a song that I personally like and hopefully you can find music (with links) that help you worship the Lord. Psalm 96:1 "Sing a new song to the LORD! Let the whole earth sing to the LORD!"

-DD

Monday, May 16, 2011

Softly and Tenderly - Bart Millard


One day several years ago my father recommended that I listen to Bart Millard, and I thought that was a really funny name.  I shortly after discovered that Bart Millard was a great guy and a great song writer.  If you don't know, Bart Millard is the singer for the band Mercy Me and he is an active "tweeter".

He also has recorded a few solo albums where he arranges and records Hymns.   These albums are Hymned No1 and Hymned again.   Any guy who remaks a hymn with a ukulele, is A ok in my book.  His smooth jazz version of Softly and Tenderly is really something special.  Every time I hear it, it causes me to relax and be thankful that I am a child of God.  This is a great one to add to your playlist if you haven't already.


Amazon: - Hymned No. 1

Amazon - Hymned Again


Lyrics to Softly and Tenderly:


Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,


calling for you and for me;

see, on the portals he's waiting and watching,

watching for you and for me.

Refrain:

Come home, come home;

ye who are weary come home;

earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,

calling, O sinner, come home!


-DD

No comments: